In a nutshell AMP (Apaches, MYSQL and PHP) is a suite of open source projects which are independently developed that work very well together and by default it can be use in many operating system like Mac OSX , Linux and even Solaris it serve the needs of the freelancer as well as corporate people very well.
There are many big names which are using AMP right now, the list of these names are given below:
- Evite, Yahoo, Los Alamos National Laboratory and AP are using MYSQL
- Sun (Sun support Forums), Mitsubishi, CBS, IBM the Global web Sphere Community, Sony they are using PHP.
Why you need to know AMP as a Develop?
As a developer you need to know the following things:
- Which tools are available for the specific job?
- For the job which tool should be choose.
- And for the common problems different approaches should be understand.
Why you need to know AMP as a Client Manager?
- To work in limited budget and skill sets
- To get the understanding of how to match the technology with the demand of clients.
- To get a competitive edge in your products over your competitors.
If you are still confused about AMP, let’s have a brief overview of AMP again:
- AMP (Apache, MySQL and PHP).
- A suit of open source projects
- Independently developed projects
- Work very well all together
- As a client manager or developer you should have an idea that which tools are available and which fits the job.
- With increasing usage figures and popularity the most popular tools are AMP (Apache, MySQL and PHP).