One of the integral components of search Engine Optimization (SEO) is building links that lead to your site from other good sites. Having the right number of links with other quality websites pointing back to your site executed in the right manner will work to your advantage. However, to attain this; you have to understand some five simple steps that will enable you build links faster
- Submitting your site to a general directory will provide it with many good links. When in general directory, the pages of your site can easily be found and indexed by the search engine. Many of the existing directories such as Yahoo Directory, Best of the Web, GoGuides and Joella charge a fee on annual basis while submitting your site to DMOZ is free of charge. You can further improve your chances by getting listed in more than one directory hence benefiting from local categorization. To compete favourably with other sites for SEO key words, you have to be listed.
- Having your site submitted to directories that specifically focus on certain industries can assist more in link building than submitting to general directories because there content are relevant and authoritative. These links exist as per the nature of business. When you search in the line of your business and putting the word “Directory” after your business line, the search engine will show the results of the most important directories in that niche.
- Social media profiles such as Facebook and twitter can assist promote your site’s content to a bigger audience faster than any other method. Building up your profile with your company name or your individual name will bring you some incoming links more easily.However,since most of the postings in these social sites are not well created, just a small number of well created ones pass on Google page rank. It would help if you can try hard to reserve your companies name in social sites that will help pass on Google page rank to your site.
- Analyze the company and individual sites that appear in the first Google page ranks and request them, to link back to your site. You can also ask if they can link your site up in the resource section of their website. It will help doing everything that will enable you get the attention of such sites such as submitting quality articles or contributing some content to their site more regularly
- Google’s appreciation for fresh content is unending. Fresh quality content will pull to your site many readers who will be able to read the adverts on your site. Offering free beneficial content to your visitors and submitting your blog to the relevant directories and promoting it on social websites will make your page rank higher. Invest your time in writing social articles hence increasing your site’s popularity
Link building is not a one day’s work. You have to do it consistently for longer to get the required results. Having a SEO expert to work on your site, submitting to directories, having your blog and writing a good content will bring you success. However, you need to understand that highly ranked sites will only want to get linked to the best emerging sites hence you need to position your site well.