I see so many new WordPress Themes being created this days, one thing the lack is an easy user friendly commenting structure. The layout of your commenting form can really impact how many comments your user/visitors post on your site. Most experts say you should keep your commenting form shot and simple. Don’t ask for some many information because that could scare and drive users way from your blog. Never the less, always protect your blog from spammers with security features such as Captcha. Today we have a nice collection of some top rated commenting plugins for WordPress. These commenting plugins have different features so choose the one that works best for you.
You can now allow visitors to log in with their FriendConnect ID, and leave a comment with that same ID or override wordpress comments system and replace it by gfc comments. Also you can add gfc gadgets as sidebar widgets.
The “Redirect After Comment” plugin allows you to automatically redirect your users to a predefined page after they leave a comment on your WordPress blog. Usage is simple. Once the plugin has been installed you will need to configure where your commenters should be redirected.
This plugin adds a small form to every comment on your blog. The form is only added for admins, and allows you to move comments to a different page; and to fix comment-threading. This plugin is not designed for mass-moving of comments, rather for moving single comments from time to time. There are other plugins better suited for moving many comments at once.
This plugin will send a automatic mail message when you visitor leave a comment on your WordPress blog. Other feature of this plugin is when you or other visitor reply your visitor comment from your dashboard this plugin will make automatic message, and will tell to your visitor that their comment has replied.
This plugin offers a highly customizable widget to show recent comments of your visitors in your sidebars. The output is completely under your control, for every widget with stunning features like custom tags and output styles.
The CLM plugin allows wordpress admins to have more control over the links left by users who leave comments on their blogs. Admins are provided with the ability to remove all author links from comments unless the user has made an admin specified number of comments. You are also provided with the ability to override that setting with whitelist and blacklist features.
A simple plugin displays a math question in the form of text while writing a comment. The idea of this plugin is quite simple – to simplify the life of users and make life difficult for spammers as possible. This plugin does not extradite complex images, from which it is simply impossible at times to see something. This plugin gives a simple sentence with a math question like “How much is eight minus three …” or “How much is six multiplied by five …”.
This plugin will work with CommentPush app on the Apple Appstore. With this plugin and CommentPush app on your iPhone, You never need check your blog manually again and again just looking for new comment. When new comment on your blog available, this plugin will send you a iPhone push notification about that.
Comments are enhanced with new features that make them more visible and becoming more exciting in website structure. Hikari Enhanced Comments enhances comments with features that make comments more visible and and becoming more exciting in website structure. Things that you’ve been wanted to do, now can be done much easier.
Gives you the ability to turn comments and pings on or off for individual attachment pages within your media library. Just like regular posts and pages, attachments have their own pages where guests can leave comments (and can also accept trackbacks/pingbacks). Unlike regular posts and pages, attachment pages don’t offer any UI controls that let you choose (on an individual basis) which attachment pages should allow comments and pings. This plugin corrects this issue by giving you the ability to turn comments and pings on or off for individual attachment pages within your media library.
- BlogFollow – Shows a snippet of the commenter’s blog at the bottom of the comment.
- DoFollow – Removes “nofollow” attributes from links in comments so search engines can follow them.
- DoFollow Trackbacks – Removes “nofollow” attributes from trackbacks
Show Top Commentators – Lists the most frequent commentators on your blog, along with links to their blogs, in your sidebar.
- Nicer Trackbacks – Improves the appearance of trackbacks from other blogs.
- WP-NoSh*t – Filters bad words from comments.
- Numbered Comments Adds numbers to comments.
- AuthorHighlight – Highlights comments by the blog’s author.
- Comment Highlighter – Styles comments based on the author’s name, email, or URL.
- wp-chunk – Truncates long URLs in comments to prevent them from stretching the page.
Enable rich comments
- Custom Smileys – Adds clickable smiley emoticons to comments.
- TinyMCEComments – Turns the comment box into a full-featured rich text editor.
- Live Comment Preview – Allows readers to preview their comment before posting.
- Edit Comments XT – Lets commentators edit their own comments.
- Gravatar – Displays user-selected avatars from a central database next to comments.
- Favatars – Pulls the favicon from a commenter’s blog or website, and uses that for their avatar.
- MBLA – Adds user images from MyBlogLog to comments.
- OpenID Comments – Lets readers comment with their OpenID identity.
Show off comments
- WP-Most Commented Posts – Displays posts with the most comments in the sidebar.
- Latest Comments with Avatars Reloaded – Shows the latest comments, along with the MyBlogLog avatars of the commenters.
Allow better conversation
- Simple CoComments – Tracks the conversation across blogs.
- Comment Karma – Digg-style voting on comments.
- Quoter – Allows users to quote a previous comment in their comment.
- Whisper – Lets users “whisper” comments that are only visible to one person.
Moderate comments effectively
- Comment Twitter SMS Notification – Notifies you of new comments through Twitter SMS.
- Bannage – Adds the ability to ban users from commenting by name, email, or IP.
- CommentCentral – Allows batch opening and closing of comments on multiple posts.
Happy free sharing!!