Earning via freelancing is like newton’s third law which states : “For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction”. So if we earn a handsome income working online apparently, we earn a few health problems too. When we see ourselves making money online, being a boss of our own, what we gain on the other side what we gain isn’t too appealing. We set hours on our own, and we don’t realize that we work for more hours than an accustomed job. There is hardly a difference between a weekday or a weekend.
Most common health risks includes :
1. Caffeine addiction: Your day that starts on the very first cup full of caffeine and you think that you’ll not be able to function as per your schedule without having that cup then you are wrong. It will harm your nervous system sooner or later. Solution for those people is they can change the quantity of coffee so that you’ll still have same number of cups of coffee but those caffeine intakes won’t harm you.
2. Working late nights: Majority of freelancers have a habit of working late hours which affect their sleep. Working late night is fine if it is to meet a deadline of some project but when it becomes regular you get problems. And for this one should set the deadlines a day before the actual date so that you’ll have time to finish your task even if its not completed in a day.
3. Smoking: A few who smoke the tend to smoke even more while working and smoking affects our body both in short or a longer term. Solution is to make your home a smoke free area. Throw away your cigarettes and ash trays and if you still want to smoke step out of your working space. In this way you’ll definitely curb your smoking habits because when you’d see your work being delayed the only thing in your mind would be your task and not the cigarettes.
4. Eye problems: When you’ll sit at your computer screen a day long so what do you expect? One would definitely have burning sensations in their eyes due to lack of sleep and concentrating over computer screen for hours. For this we can give short breaks to our eyes and wash them with cold water or put a soaked cotton over your eyes.
5. Back or neck aches: Even though we have a good work space but sitting on a chair and watching your computer screen for hours is not really comfortable. As after a few hours our neck starts to stiffen and back starts aching but when we are preoccupied by our work we do not realize any pain. To diminish such neck and back aches one should do proper exercise, stretch their back and neck after short intervals and stroll a bit.
6. Bad posture: The most frequently sighted problem is a hunchback. If we could invest a little more than your pocket once for an ergonomic chair it’ll save you for the lifetime from having a hunchback.
7. Stress: Loads of work, demanding clients and short deadlines leads to stress hours. One might produce a fruitful work meeting a deadline but if it prolongs it’ll get burned out. So one should manage their work and organize things properly like if they can work a certain amount in a particular time then they must take up only that certain amount of work so that they should not suffer stress. And this work may lead to obesity.
Therefore one must make a proper schedule with about 7-8 hours of sleep and limited work which they can handle in a fixed time and live healthy.