WordPress rating plugins are most used to rate and review blog articles, compare products and services. Many of these ratings plugins for WordPress act as powerful tools to help improve your site’s search engine rankings, assist you in further engaging your readers, and gather important research data about any particular item or topic. Below is a review list of some of the best WordPress rating plugins currently available for free and commercial use.
Free WordPress Rating Plugins
- WP-PostRatings – This plugin incorporates an AJAX rating system to your blog. It can be used in widget form, or you can add it to your blog posts, pages or comments section. This will involve editing your blog template and inserting a small piece of code. This piece of code can be customized to show additional information like lowest rated post, highest rated post, most/least related posts and more. You will also be able choose your rating image and individual rating text.
- I Like This – This free WordPress rating plugin adds a simple “like” feature to your posts. A counter is displayed to allow visitors to like your posts and the number of “likes” you get is displayed as well. This can be installed automatically at the top of your post, or you can install it manually wherever you like by inserting a shortcode in your WP theme. There’s also a widget that you can use to easily display your most liked posts.
- Mombly Review Rating – A dead simple rating plugin that only allows the WP authors to rate WP posts. Authors can insert ratings into any post and review them by adding a shortcode. For example, to give a product a 2 out of 5 rating, you’d add [Rating:2/5] in the location of the blog post where you wish it to appear. Rating images can be customized to your liking and the WP admin can place multiple ratings per page.
- Comment Rating – Allows visitors to rate comments in a like vs dislike system of ratings. This plugin will add rating images to each comment and display the total number of likes and dislikes you’ve accumulated. Comment ratings are very stylish and the built-in anti-fraud voting measures only permit visitors to vote once per IP address.
- Comment Rating Widget – This plugins is an add-on to the Comment Rating plugin listed above. You can use the widget to display comments and ratings in your sidebar. You can control the appearance by specifying the number of comments to show and listing them by post or publication date.
- Xavin’s Review Ratings – Another great ratings plugin for WordPress that lets you add a rating to your blog post with a simple shortcode tag. For instance, if you wanted to give a product a rating of 3 out of 5, you’d add [xrr rating=3/5] to your post. There are additional tags you can add to the code like a label, group, image set and more. You can have your ratings display as a fraction or percentage, and you can use any amount of rating stars from 2 to 100.
- Visitor Like/Dislike Post Rating – Similar to the Like plugin, you can let visitors like or dislike your posts. No one will be able to rate a post more than once and no one can rate their own article. The Like/Dislike Post Rating plugin can also be used to permit visitors to like or dislike comments.
- Post Star Rating – Another free WordPress rating plugin that allows WP blog owners to rate posts using a 5-star ratings system. The plugin includes a few shortcodes you can use to display your best content of the month.
- PollDaddy Polls & Ratings – Allows you to develop polls and ratings using PollDaddy and seamlessly incorporate them into your site. The admin can create polls and choose from 20 different polling styles. Administrators are able to view results of their polls in real time and embed star ratings for posts, and vote up/down comment.
- JR Ratings – A simple WordPress rating plugin that lets your visitors vote on your posts using gold stars. It’s fairly new and doesn’t include many features but it gets the job done.
Premium WordPress Rating Plugins
Rating Plugin – A premium WordPress rating plugin that gives visitors the ability to rate and vote (thumbs up or down) on anything you choose. You can use as many micro-posts as you want inside a main post. Your visitors will also be able to comment on your mini-posts. Comments can be approved or deleted in the admin area there and the Facebook and Twitter integration permits easy sharing across social networks. The Rating Plugin will cost you $49.95 for a single site license, $99.95 for use on up to 10 websites, or $199.95 for use on any number of sites that you own.
GD Star Rating – A robust premium WordPress ratings plugin that allows you to rate and review posts, pages and comments. This plugin’s rating system is very versatile and it includes several widgets that can be used to display rating comparisons in your sidebar. GD Star Rating comes with Google’s Rich Snippets feature and it’s available in 10 different languages with premium support for all premium account holders. If you’re looking for an advanced WordPress ratings system with lots of customization options, this is it.