Graphic Designing is a competitive industry and learning the tips and tricks of graphic designing is very much essential for all those who want to strive in this industry. The purpose of this article is to present some general and random graphic design tips to all graphic designers regardless of their experience and domain.
The graphic design tips mentioned in this article can be considered as an excerpt for all graphic designers. Here are some fundamental principles in the context of graphic designing:
- There are often times when a graphic designer is asked to make a design that also includes the logo of a company. However, in some cases, the company is unable to provide any logo in a format that can be used by graphic designers. One graphic design tip here is to look for different magazines of PDF files that are available on the website of the company and try to download those pdf files. Open those pdf files using illustrator and there are chances that you may be able to get vector images from it.
- One management oriented tip in the context of graphic design tips is to be confident while presenting your prices. For instance, you are asking for $1000 and the client is offering to make a deal at $500. You should be able to respond in a confident manner that since you are not compromising on the work and quality; so you can’t compromise on the price as well.
- There are often times when the client wants you to do something that is technically not correct and not amongst the best practices. For instance, the client may request you to follow a certain design pattern that doesn’t look right or appealing to you. A graphic design tip in the context of management here is that you never show it to the client you don’t love the idea. The client won’t be able to blame you if the design is later not proven successful.
- One very important graphic design tip is to ensure that the design you are making has enough space, has enough balance and is quite readable. Before making design, it is important to ask some questions like for what purpose you are making the design, who is the audience, what background should be used and what alignment would be required. Don’t just jump directly into the designing without going through the analysis and planning part.
- Another useful graphic design tip is to make sure that you choose an appropriate font if the graphic involves text as well. Using the Comic Sans MS font is usually not recommended; instead, use standard fonts unless specified by the clients.
- Always keep it simple; this is the most important graphic design tip for all graphic designers. Most people when hear the term graphic designing, they certainly get lost into complexities. Yes, of course, the graphic designing involves coming up with complex and creative designs; however, most of the time, the designers should focus towards simplicity, balance, space and readability. The design should be easy on the eyes of the viewer.
- Another very important tip for designers is to always be up-to-date with what is going on in the graphic designing industry. Strive to become competitive and make sure you are aware of the current best practices to sustain in the competitive market.
These are some of the useful random graphic design tips. Although this tips do not expand enough to the technical phases of graphic designing, they are simple fundamental principles of graphic designing. These tips are being used today by professional graphic designers.