Accounto is looking for a passionate and experienced Rails developers. It is about new feature development as well as adding additional functionality to existing features and our infrastructure. There will also be some bug fixing and occasional support-related tasks. There is a mix of solo and team-based projects.
- Expert skills with Rails, Ruby, Postgres, RSpec, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Proficient with Git/Github and SideKiq
- Able to take ownership of a project and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, especially via online chat (Slack)
- Comfortable coming into a large codebase and able to follow existing patterns, conventions, and figuring out how existing code fits and works together
- Like working on challenging projects that solve actual problems
- Have strong opinions on how software should be produced, but are willing to make compromises when appropriate
- Don’t want to be overly managed, but also aren’t afraid to ask for help when necessary
- A minimum of 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Experience using Agile Methodologies and Test Driven Development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Team player attitude with a desire to be part of an organization that is making a difference in people’s lives
- Proven experience leading a technical development team is not required, but is a plus
- Write well designed, testable, efficient senior level code by using best software development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Provide input, options, and recommendations on software features and system enhancements
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Provide recommendations into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
We are a distributed team with folks all across Europe, so this is a remote position and we’re looking for full-time team members. We are a remote team already, and we are looking for a couple of full time positions to join us. Our mission is to automate bookkeeping, so that business owners can concentrate on their business instead of on administrative tasks.
Apply for this position
Does it sound interesting to you? If yes, please send an email to email@example.com and tell us about yourself, and what you are good at. It would be great if you could also attach a résumé. It would be awesome if you could also send links to your github, slideshare, twitter profiles etc. if you have done any open source contributes or if you did any talks on certain topics.
Apply for this job