Title: Ruby on Rails Developer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, Salem, OR, or remote – US ONLY
Status: Full-time employee. We are not working with contractors or agencies at this time.
EveryoneSocial is looking for an experienced, backend Ruby on Rails developer to join our engineering team. This is a full-time, W2 position. We’re a distributed team, and we work remotely in the United States. If you’re near Salt Lake City, UT or Salem, OR, so much the better.
- You have a proven track record delivering production-quality applications in similar environments.
- You have a passion for developing, releasing, and maintaining web applications. We don’t just throw our code over the wall to ops – we are responsible for it until it’s removed from the repo. We release multiple times per week.
- We practice “little-a” agile. You should be comfortable working with stories/cards and delivering value to users early and often.
- Although we’re not dogmatic about it, we love automated tests. We fix the build when it breaks, and so should you.
- You’re comfortable working on a distributed team. You know how to collaborate with team members using Skype, Slack, email, and sometimes even a phone.
- You’re comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You need to be able to collaborate with other developers on things as they evolve. Things change rapidly in our world, and we need to be able to roll with the punches.
You’re always looking to learn new things – languages, databases, frameworks, etc.
- Obviously, you know Ruby and Rails – at least 4 years of professional experience. Knowledge of other languages and systems is always appreciated.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database like PostgreSQL
- Strong communication skills, especially with remote co-workers
Experience using and configuring Unix-like systems – MacOS, Linux, etc.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation plan
Ground floor opportunity – as a member of our small team, you’ll shape the business direction of the company.
EveryoneSocial is a platform that transforms the way employees engage with their professional networks. Our platform creates a community of employees within large organizations and leverages the power of their networks to drive marketing, sales, and hr. EveryoneSocial’s clients are recognized leaders in their industries and include Dell, Adobe, Kelly Services, SAP, United Way, Symantec and many more.
Apply for this job