On the Nomad team, we develop tools for service deployment and batch job scheduling. Our customers place a high level of trust in us, relying on our tools to operate their own infrastructure and software effectively, and so we care deeply about reliability and performance.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for infrastructure management
- Develop novel algorithms within the context of our open source tools
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers, and represent HashiCorp well to the large Nomad community
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’re familiar with systems engineering, with networking and operating systems, and are comfortable with low-level programming
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates
- You can knowledgeably discuss tradeoffs in distributed systems, such as those made for debugging and performance
- You’re familiar with the pieces of typical modern infrastructure: secret storage, service discovery, etc
- You’re able to reason about performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Apply for this job