Remote work – UTC -2 to UTC+3
Sourcefabric is a nonprofit that builds open-source tools for media organisations all over the world. We’re looking for an experienced full-stack web developer to join our Live Blog team.
• Work closely with Live Blog’s product owner on the conception and realisation of new product features;
• Use your deep understanding of web technologies and APIs to advise on the system’s architecture and to coordinate front-end and back-end development;
• Focus on code quality and testability;
• Share your knowledge of good code practices with the rest of the team;
• Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently;
• Interact frequently with our CTO and with developers on other projects at Sourcefabric, in particular with the team building Superdesk, our newsroom management platform
Your skills and experience
• Several years of experience with full-stack web development;
• Strong knowledge and experience in back-end software development, especially with Python web frameworks;
• Well-versed with database technologies, including both relational and NoSQL systems;
• Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs;
• Experience with (or strong interest in) working on Agile development projects, in particular Scrum;
• Experience with GitHub-like development workflows using pull requests for peer review;
• Passion for good engineering and clean code practices;
• Experience with continuous integration is a plus;
• A basic understanding of journalism and newsrooms is optional, but desirable;
• You are preferably located in UTC -2 to UTC+3;
• Fluent English is a must.
What we offer
We offer a position in a highly international organisation of interesting and cool people, with projects and staff on nearly every continent.
We also invite you to work in a small and highly nimble team that likes to move quickly. We’ve got big plans for Live Blog in the next six months.
If you have an interest in new forms of online journalism, this position will certainly give you some great insights. Our developers often visit or interact with newsrooms directly, consulting with them on how to make the most of our tools.
Find out more
If you’re interested in this position, please send your CV, a short motivational letter, examples of projects you’ve worked on and your salary expectation to jobs(at)sourcefabric.org.
Apply for this job