We have an immediate opening on our product development team in the role of Ruby on Rails developer for someone who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs. This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We’re not just about sales tax though, we’re a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers.”
As a Rails Developer on our team you will
- 2+ years production experience with: Rails 4, Postgres, Heroku, AWS, Sidekiq
- Ability to write clear and accurate tests using RSpec/Capybara
- Write code that is maintainable and readable by your team
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in ecommerce
- Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you’re
- A pro at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Never tired of learning
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
The entire team works remotely from wherever we work best for each team member. For most of us, that’s home. For others, that may be a local coffee shop or a summer vacation house. The only requirement is that we’re working from a place with WiFi, and we’re able to get our work done.
We love being a distributed team, and are looking for new teammates who will thrive in this unique environment.
Apply for this job