Waldo Photos is a photo-finding platform empowering people to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets, and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Our users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones, or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We’re looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate will:
- enjoy coding at all layers, focusing mainly in the backend;
- learn whatever is necessary to get the job done;
- write clean, elegant, simple, testable code;
- be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews;
- take pride in their work; and
- want to work with others who do the same.
While we’re based in Austin, Texas, we have team members all across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract employees – but we do need full-time commitment.
- You’ve been actively coding in Python or Java for at least 5 years.
- You have excellent algorithmic and coding skills.
- You know how to efficiently and properly design relational databases with a deep understanding of what affects query performance.
- You know what the conceptual difference is between PostgreSQL, Cassandra or Kafka, and RabbitMQ – which by the way, we use all of these and more!
- “I always write tests for my code” is your middle name.
- You thrive in a small team, high autonomy environment.
- You have a proven track record of building and shipping complex, high-performance, highly-available distributed systems.
- You have an experience with GraphQL and related libraries (i.e. Apollo, Relay).
- You love leading and mentoring a team.
- Ability to work remote from anywhere in the world
- Flexible vacation
- Unlimited (virtual) high fives
- Type: Full-time
- Annual salary: $80,000 – $100,000
- Equity: 0.0% – 0.20%
Apply for this job