*Our positions are fully remote and to ensure compliance with all applicable labor laws, are open to U.S.-based applicants only. In general, we are not hiring in Washington state, Oregon state, San Francisco, or New York. Applications will be accepted through January 15, 2018.*
What We Do
We make websites easier to use. Through a scientific method of determining which site improvements result in actual performance improvements, we replace the old way of designing sites through gut feel and management opinions with designing sites through data. Tactically speaking, clients come to us for both strategic direction and to supplement their internal teams.
The Senior Growth Product Manager
As a Senior Growth Product Manager at CROmetrics, you will be a hybrid product manager, strategic thinker, account manager and data analyst. Your primary role is to partner with our clients to improve their websites through data-driven experimentation and personalization. A Senior Growth Product Manager spends much of their time interfacing with clients, designers and engineers. On the client side, the Senior Growth Product Manager must be able to generate data-driven ideas that will improve revenue and other key metrics on client websites.
As a Senior Growth Product Manager, you will be leading all A/B testing and personalization experimentation for the client, which includes the following:
- Partnering with the client for the ideation, prioritization, road-mapping, design, and approval process for all hypotheses generation and experimentation
- Diving deep into the results to deliver the data story, learnings and recommendations from the experiment
- Collaborating with a remote team of engineers, designers and other PMs to support experiment ideation and execution
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship from daily experiment monitoring to kicking off the renewal process to evangelizing the value of CROmetrics
Who we’re looking for
Our most successful candidates have the following skills/experience/traits:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in digital product management, user experience design or similar roles on consumer-facing web products
- Demonstrated extremely strong presentation and communication skills
- Built and delivered product roadmaps full of winning and losing ideas
- Passion for using data to improve user experiences
- Hands-on experience analyzing digital business data to inform decisions and plan strategically
- Worked cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment, preferably in a remote capacity
- Genuinely like working with clients and their distributed stakeholder groups
- Love product strategy, but obsessed with the details on execution
- Lifelong learner
- Matching 401k.
- 100% remote, preferably in U.S. time zones – work when and where you want (within reason).
- Liberal vacation policy.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- All the professional gear you need to be successful (e.g. macbook, monitor, and noise-cancelling blackwire headset)
- Workcations throughout the year in such exotic places as Cancun and Aspen.
- We’re a remote company.We are spread out all over the country and enjoy the flexibility remote working affords. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through Slack and workcations, including one annual trip that is funded by the company.
- Communication is critical. We’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremelyimportant. You’ll work closely with engineers, designers and writers. This is not a simple “write specs and close tickets” gig. Successful applicants enjoy the process of defining and clarifying specs, documenting processes, improving processes, seeing their ideas and work affect millions of users, and occasionally uploading custom emoji to Slack.
- We’re relentlessly focused on our client’s happiness. The Senior Growth Product Manager is a client-facing role. Managing a client relationship virtually takes a different type of skill set – the Senior Growth Product Managers have to be both a strategic partner, the customer (represented by the data), teacher and project manager over the phone/email/Slack, all while delivering an exceptional level of service. This type of interaction is not for everyone, and we completely understand. It’s not easy!
- We are not perfect. At the core of experimentation is the insight to be learned from each test, whether a win, loss or inconclusive. We extend this concept to everything we do by experimenting with our own processes and fostering an environment of radical candor and constant learning.
A unique hiring process – we pay you to interview
We’ve found that the best candidates shine most when they are able to participate directly with the team and show their skills in action. This does require some work from you, so we’ll pay you to join the team during a “paid interview”.
Assuming your submission exceeds expectations, we will reach out to schedule a few informal conversations with our team to learn more about you, and provide an opportunity for you to ask questions of us. If all goes well for both you and CROmetrics, we will hire you for a paid interview where you start working with us for approximately one week (12-15 hours max) as a 1099 contractor. This can be done on the side of your current full-time job so there is less risk to you.
If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship into a full time W2 role. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal.
Thanks again for your interest in the Senior Growth Product Manager position with CROmetrics. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this job