At Planning Center, we build powerful, beautiful applications specifically for churches. Each of our apps has a dedicated team of designers and developers who are committed to refining and expanding their specific app in response to real customer needs. Our customers include 90 of the 100 largest churches in the country, but also small community and neighborhood churches, and we strive to make day-to-day operations easier for all of them.
We’re a development driven company — over half our staff are either developers or designers who code, and even our founder spends much of his time programming — and we’re seeking another developer with expertise in Ruby on Rails, ES6, and React to help make our software even better.
Developers at Planning Center are:
- Invested. We care about the products we create and the people we create them for, and we all contribute to the vision and direction of our apps. Every one of our developers is critical to their team.
- Curious. We aren’t afraid to ask questions, experiment, and iterate. We also love playing with fun new technologies like Go and Elixir, and we have Free Weeks every few months for exploring projects that spark our interest.
- Humble. We are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn from one another.
In your daily life at Planning Center, you could expect to:
- Take ownership of your projects and have a voice in how to best complete them
- Collaborate on Github with your product manager, front-end designer, and fellow app team developers
- Engage in an agile development process (and, depending on your team, get to call your sprints “fun runs”)
- Make coffee eight different ways in our rad coffee bar
- …or, if you’re remote, drink coffee in a hip coworking space that we help pay for
- Do work you’re proud of alongside a team of smart, thoughtful, like-minded developers
We believe the strongest teams are made up of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating that diversity here at Planning Center. We are ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do your best work.
- If remote, must be willing to travel to the office four times each year to connect in person with the rest of the team.
We love our people and want this to be the best place for them to work. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Company contribution to a 401(k)
- Mobile phone allowance
- Co-working stipend
- Charitable giving match
- Paid parental leave
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Paid Fridays off in the summer
- Continual education allowance for books, videos, or conferences
- Free weeks every several months to work on a project of your choosing
Apply for this job