Over sixty years ago the Red Angus Association started the cattle industry’s first performance registry. Our non-profit organization is seeking a skilled software practitioner to join our team of dedicated experts and help maintain our reputation of leadership and innovation.
We are located in Commerce City, Colorado. We offer 401K and medical benefits. Salary (to 65K) is negotiable, depending on experience.
We maintain a database of several million animals and any data relevant to breeding them. You, with the rest of our IT specialists will be responsible for all aspects of the front-end interfaces, data flow, analysis, etc.
* Maintain the existing code base and provide additional functionality as needed.
* Produce fully functional programs writing clean, testable code
* Troubleshoot and debug applications
* Collaborate with internal and external teams to identify system requirements
* Design user interface and web layout using accepted HTML/CSS practices
* Create technical documentation for user support
* Design stable, reliable and effective database elements
* Optimize and maintain legacy systems
* Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
* Perform ad hoc data extraction and modification
* Develop unit tests
* Database: Postgres (SQL)
* Back end code: Java, Turbine, Torque
* Other languages: perl, Scala, bash
* Version control: git
Mobile applications: We are headed there and you can help.
* Proven experience with a breadth of these or similar computer technologies
* Loves programming and cows, especially red ones
Apply for this job