Mid Level Frontend Developer
WeaveUp is seeking an experienced frontend-focused engineer to create and deploy user interfaces in support of our WeaveUp website, our image manipulation applications and our new customer admin. Our technology stack is an Angular frontend talking to a Rails API backend. While we’re very supportive of junior developers internally, this role would be a better fit for someone with a couple of years of production experience under their belts. We want a talented developer with a passion for creating elegant, scalable code.
- Build robust, scalable applications to support the growth of the WeaveUp website
- Work with the lead developer to scope/plan/develop new features and functionality
- Collaborate with backend developers
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Create wireframes and mockups for proposed solutions to be shared internally and with potential clients
- Work with a Project Manager and cross-functional team to size tasks update progress daily
Things That Are Important To Us
- Big ideas and a tiny ego – come in with your best ideas, but don’t take it personally if another idea is better.
- A customer-first focus, and a willingness to step and hustle to make us a success. There is no “that’s not my job” at WeaveUp.
- A high degree of pragmatism about the difference between “good” and “perfect” with a bias toward shipping.
- Understand the different types of specs and understand what test coverage means
- Understand Git Flow and have worked in an agile environment.
- Have participated in peer code reviews on PRs.
- Self-starter. Passionate about code and eager to learn new skills.
- Values autonomy, asks for help, and asks for more work when tickets are completed.
- Comfortable with asynchronous communication tools such as Slack and Screenhero.
- Not afraid of video chat.
- Loves to LAUGH and have fun.
Desired Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience or interest in Vue.js
- Object-oriented design and Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience a must
- Experience with or interest in Ruby on Rails, since that’s what our backend for that full-stack flavor
- Experience and comfort with working in an Agile development environment
- Strong eye for design, ie you won’t NEED a comp for every small task
- Ability to create prototypes, mockups, and wireframes
- Experience with modern CSS/SASS
- Experience with integration with third-party APIs with a frontend focus
- Experience or interest in UI/UX as it applies to both web development and internal applications
- Strong Giphy-fu to post amusing GIFs into the engineering Slack channel.
- Knowledge about image processing, color matching, and RMagick.
- Comfort with possible external client interaction
- Work on a product that has demonstrated value for customers, and help us take it to the next level
- A culture that values productivity, accountability, and communication over politics, capital-P Process and micromanagement
- Seriously, we’ll treat you like an actual adult
- A collaborative environment where you’re encouraged to think and contribute outside of your prescribed role
- Management that is committed to supporting you as a person and a professional, and to building a diverse and respectful team that makes all of us stronger
- Take-it-when-you-need-it-two-weeks-minimum-recommended-vacation-policy (no-seriously-take-the-vacation) and gratuitous-use-of-hyphens
- Equity, competitive pay and good benefits make up the compensation package.
WeaveUp, Inc. is a software startup that enables billion dollar companies to efficiently enter the textile print-on-demand market using groundbreaking color customization, workflow, and sales tools. The last time the textile market saw a change like this, hot air balloons were the latest technology.
US Based only and No Recruiters
Apply for this job