Note: Although this is a remote position, we are seeking candidates in the following timezones only: Europe (UTC+0 – UTC+4), US (EST or CST only).
Hotjar is a 100% remote organization headquartered in the Mediterranean on the island of Malta. Our company vision is to change the way the web is built and improved by democratising user analytics and feedback. Our core product is free and available to anyone with an internet connection.
Hotjar is a rapidly growing startup which gives thousands of website owners, teams and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity in a key position in a fast growing startup that is actually making a difference in the marketing community and industry.
About this role:
Hotjar’s Marketing team is looking for an ambitious and driven UX/UI Designer who is passionate about creating simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. This position will play an integral role in a team ruthlessly focused on improving the user experience and product adoption by creating simple, engaging experiences that are validated through testing and iterating. We appreciate designers who think in systems, are eager to validate their work, can communicate effectively, and love collaboration and feedback.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into simple and engaging web experiences.
- Be a part of a multidisciplinary marketing team whose purpose is to meticulously test and improve the visitor to customer journey across the Hotjar website and product.
- Produce web experiences that drive engagement aligned with project goals using design flows, sketches, prototypes, and the Hotjar product to iteratively improve experiences.
- Translate wireframes and experiences into high-fidelity visual composites with attention to interaction design which follow style and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with Demand Generation, Content, Product Marketing, and Product Design Teams in an iterative, transparent and feedback driven process.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €70,000 annually based on your experience and skill-level. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing digital experiences, products and systems.
- Experience leading user research projects (including user testing sessions) and validating design efforts.
- Demonstrated ability in the entire product development process, from research and problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design.
- Ability to prototype ideas quickly and iterate as many times as needed using tools such as InVision, Framer, Principle, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent self-starter who always thinks MVP first, collaborates effectively with marketers and developers, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced team.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
- Assets: Experience using Photoshop, Sketch, HTML / CSS / JS development, experience working in a multidisciplinary marketing team and/or engineering team, experience working remotely.
Apply for this job