InVision is the world’s leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide three million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, manage and user test web and mobile products. InVision drives the product design process at leading Fortune 100 companies, including at Disney, IBM, Walmart, Apple, Verizon and General Motors. Backed by Accel, ICONIQ Capital, FirstMark Capital, Tiger Global and others. InVision is a distributed team with over 450 employees around the world.
You are someone who loves building software that people genuinely love using. You want to make things that excite people, that add joy to their daily lives. And you want to do it with people who are working towards a common goal and see your success as their success. You will be joining a team that values getting things done, helping others get things done, and building towards an amazing future.
Our customers are Designers and Engineers who care about the details; the small stuff. Every bit of the customer experience is important and we’re not just talking about features. Every bit of friction is something that gets in the way of creativity and innovation. Our job is to foster both of those things.
You appreciate the importance of automated and manual testing, and have experience creating a strategy while building a team and ensuring a high quality application. You aren’t afraid to tackle any problem head on with the support of talented people to help. You enable people to do their best and achieve things together they never thought possible. Because you care. Because you genuinely want to deliver something that people love.
If that sounds like you, we want you here. We need you here. We have super ambitious goals that we think will genuinely make a difference for our customers. You’ll help us achieve those goals.
- Build and implement a QA strategy that aligns with overall team and engineering organizational objectives.
- Assist in building out a QA team of both engineers and manual testers, then take on leadership of that team.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with your team to make sure they understand project progress and how it aligns with company objectives, as well as their career development and overall happiness.
- Facilitate and participate in team meetings to assess workload and overall team health.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities, and collaborate to implement effective quality processes and policies.
- Monitor the coverage and quality of the test cases, and ensure full quality coverage
- Cooperate with Product and Engineering to prioritize bug fixes, maintain the bug list and tracking/reporting of metrics.
- Ability to champion quality practices within a team and organization.
- Proven track record of producing results as a manager or team lead from strong organizational, time management, and project leadership abilities.
- Experience with bug tracking, project management and continuous integration tools.
- Improvisation and flexibility. Standard QA processes won’t always work, and you’ll need to be creative in solving interesting and unique challenges.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with MongoDB, Kafka, MySQL, DataDog, New Relic, Loggly.
- 5+ years QA/Test engineering experience, with a minimum of 6-12 months in a team lead or management role.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
Apply for this job