We are looking for someone with solid technical experience and a preference for working with a small smart team to join us for a 2 month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for redeveloping the new ManageFlitter website. You will be working with a designer, and designs will be provided. Please note that this is for ManageFlitter.com only and does not relate to any work on the ManageFlitter application itself.
To ensure that the team remains of a very high standard we follow this hiring process:
- Initial 10-20 minute Skype chat with the Design Lead.
- 10-20 minute chat with the Tech Lead
- You will be given designs as PSD & PNG files.
- Notes and requirements will be detailed in JIRA.
- Communication will be primarily through JIRA comments & Slack.
- You will be required to push changes to our staging site for review and testing.
- The development and migration of content provide strong consideration to not affecting current search rankings.
- You will be working with team members in the Sydney Australia and Vancouver time zones.
- Experience building responsive web applications using modern CSS and HTML, e.g. using media queries and CSS grid layout, etc
- Proven prior experience building high-traffic blogs and websites
- Experience working with Ghost templates preferred, but not essential
- UI / UX experience and an eye for design detail
- A basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with Git source control
- Outstanding written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience working with JIRA or similar project management tools
- Ability to meet project deadlines in a timely manner
Apply for this job