You’re technically savvy and analytical, driven equally by both research and results. Your attention to detail means you notice opportunities and inefficiencies that other people wouldn’t. You love using your analytical mind and detail-oriented personality to help take data from complex systems and turn it into something useful. To do that, though, you know you’ll have to communicate with people who have less technical understanding than you, so you’ve spent some time honing your all-star communication skills.
But enough about your technical ability. People love to work with you not only because you deliver, but because you’re a fun and supportive team member. You’re looking for a place where you can enjoy your responsibilities AND your teammates: making a lasting contribution to a company you love while doing something you’re passionate about. The successful candidate can either work remotely from home or relocate to beautiful coastal Wilmington, North Carolina to work at our Home Office.
IN A TYPICAL DAY, YOU WOULD:
- Design, develop, and maintain data warehousing databases, business analytics, and reporting systems for the enterprise
- Create critical metrics, analytical reporting, and dashboarding solutions and documentation
- Work with subject matter experts to determine the best sources of data to support business intelligence and reporting / analytics
- Develop data extract, transformation, and load (ETL) methods
- Interpret collected data to provide strategic and technical solution recommendations, as well as business intelligence solutions
- Research, plan, and schedule systems upgrades
- Train department leads (of both technical and nontechnical teams) on how to use new functionalities
INTERESTED? HERE ARE OUR MUST-HAVES:
- Five or more years of IT work in data warehousing development and support function
- Bachelor’s Degree (mathematics, computer science, information systems, or other industry-related) **Note: sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- Strong understanding of relational database systems with hands-on experience writing and tuning complex T-SQL queries
- Knowledge in data warehouse architecture / development (ETL, ODS, Cubes, Business Analytics/reporting, T SQL)
- Strong understanding with Microsoft-based database, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools (SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services)
- Usage of business analytics, data warehouse / data mart life cycles and methodologies
- A background working with QLIK Sense Enterprise is not required, but is a definite plus
Apply for this position
If this sounds like the job AND the work environment for you, we can’t wait to meet you. Apply today at application.n2pub.com!
Apply for this job