Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering – Triage, the Software Engineer is responsible for wearing multiple hats from viewing the architectural approach with a critical eye, making implementation decisions, and proactively communicating this with the team.
- Understanding the approach and design decisions and creating an implementation that supports overall design.
- Actively participate in our Agile development life-cycle, including planning and grooming, stand-up, and retrospectives.
- Proactively perform code reviews, give feedback, and ask questions.
- Proactively seek guidance from Sr. members of the team during planning and task implementation.
- Provide support in the form of pairing and coaching of Jr. members of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Works well with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests. Effective at communication.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast-moving team.
- Experience and comfort developing large scale distributed applications using Java (core, concurrency, threading)
- Knowledge and experience using Spring and dependency injection in general.
- Knowledge and experience using JPA / Hibernate.
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience using modern java-script frameworks like Vue.js, ReactJS or Angular.
- Knowledge and experience using Elasticsearch as a developer as well as designing indexes and search clusters for efficient search across massive data sets.
- Ability to comfortably do full stack development from backend systems to user interfaces as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years experience or more with 3-4 years of the technical competencies.
- Experience and comfort developing large scale distributed applications in a microservices architecture using Java (core, concurrency, threading).
- Knowledge and experience using Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs with data validation techniques.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom reimbursement
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this job