We’re a bootstrapped team of 11 people, and we’ve been growing quickly since we launched 2.5 years ago.
We’re looking for a director of marketing who can help increase awareness of Dataquest, our teaching method, and the successes of our students.
- Owning and evolving our marketing strategy
- Managing and building our marketing team
- Aligning our external and internal messaging and figuring out the “tone” of our marketing
- Optimizing key marketing metrics through experiments
- Developing a framework for creating, executing, and following up on marketing experiments
- Overseeing our content marketing strategy and blog to add value to students and increase signups
- Managing our external ads to lower our CPA and increase subscriptions
- Auditing and improving pages to rank better in search results
- Optimizing internal marketing and messaging, and driving students who sign up to subscribe
- Developing partnerships with other companies in the data science space, ranging from guest posts to course development
- Interfacing with our product and engineering teams to develop marketing-specific features and optimize existing features
We’re looking for someone who can continue our content marketing efforts, but also develop new channels. We currently run ads and have partnerships, but we think there’s significant room to expand both of these channels.
We’re also interested in the idea of marketing through tools, features, and the courses themselves. Examples would be referral features, widgets that can be embedded in external websites, and encouraging students to create personal blogs and review Dataquest. It’s important for you to be able to define the key metrics to optimize and have a framework to figure out what channels have the highest ROI.
There’s substantial latitude and room to define the role and how it grows. You’ll be able to do everything from setting our marketing strategy to experimenting with ads to thinking of product features. This role will be one of the most critical roles in our company, and will drive a significant amount of what we work on.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Deep experience with setting marketing metrics and running experiments
- Experience with developing marketing strategy
- Experience with ads and search engine optimization
- Experience with partnerships and cross-promotions
- Some experience with content marketing
In this role, you’ll be able to see your impact on our students daily. We hear from students who have been able to finish projects they never dreamed of (usually involving machine learning), who have been hired into exciting new jobs, or who just mastered a concept they never were able to “get” in school.
Although you don’t need to be technical for this role, understanding some data science and SQL is a major plus. Having analyzed data in the past is a must.
This role can be either fully remote or onsite in San Francisco. The salary range is $80k USD – $120k USD per year.
Apply for this job