TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER – ELECTION TECH
FULL-TIME • STARTS APRIL 1, 2018, ENDS NOVEMBER 30, 2018 • COMPETITIVE PAY • EXCELLENT BENEFITS • WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN CONTINENTAL U.S.
Our country is in a crisis, and stakes in 2018 couldn’t be higher. Since Donald Trump took office, MoveOn members have been a pillar of the resistance to the radical policies coming out of Congress and the White House. In this election, MoveOn will mobilize a grassroots wave to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care.
We are determined to make the 2018 elections a turning point, helping Democrats win the House to create a roadblock to Trump and the Republicans’ ability to advance their toxic agenda, while building the movement for racial, economic, immigrant, and climate justice, and electing new progressive champions who can help lead our country to a better future in races down ballot across the country.
With millions of members nationwide and a 20-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground, MoveOn is uniquely suited to power the progressive wave it will take to win back control of the U.S. House in 2018 and strengthen our collective movement.
- Be deeply integrated into MoveOn’s 2018 election, field, and tech teams
- Understand and internalize the field and election teams’ plans for scaled electoral work and contribute to ongoing strategy discussions
- Iteratively determine the election team’s technical tooling and data integration needs, gather detailed technical requirements, and work with the tech team to get needed new features and systems designed, tested, built, and deployed
- Gather requirements for technical training needs, and work with the tech team to plan and execute technical trainings for the election team
- Understand the election team’s existing and desired processes and workflows and determine ways to optimize these workflows
- Analyze data to understand the effectiveness of current workflows and identify areas of opportunity or improvement
Required skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills—including the ability to engage effectively with MoveOn staff, stakeholders, and external vendors
- Able to communicate fluently with both technical and nontechnical staff, and drive clarity in cross-team discussions
- Strong and consistent communicator in video meetings and in writing
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Self-directed and efficient: able to determine the work to be done, prioritize, and get things done
- Hands-on: detail-oriented and in the weeds with both the election team and the tech team
- Ability to coordinate, plan, execute, and track large-scale implementation from beginning to end, and across technical and nontechnical teams
- Ability to facilitate meetings and ensure alignment across stakeholder groups
- Able to confidently manage competing priorities
- Excellent project management skills
- Determined, thorough, and a relentless finisher; able to reliably drive tasks and projects through to completion
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose team members all work remotely
Classification, Salary, and Benefits Full-time; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month, floating holidays and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Apply for this job