RFP – WordPress Theming
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action
Request for Proposals
Project Title: MoveOn.org Website Rebranding Project – New WordPress Theme Development
Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until: Friday, Feb 16, 2018
Request for Proposal: We are looking for a WordPress theme developer to create and launch a new theme on the MoveOn.org WordPress blog.
Scope of Work:
- Onboard yourself into our WordPress environment: familiarize yourself with our current theme, plugins, and installation, and set up a development environment
- For the scope of the contract, meet at least twice week with the MoveOn tech team in our daily team meeting to report progress, get questions answered, and demo work in progress
- Implement a new MoveOn WordPress theme that applies to the https://front.moveon.org home page, blog posts, and static pages, working from our new style guide and an HTML/CSS wireframe for a new version of the https://front.moveon.org home page
- Implement web and mobile breakpoints for the new WordPress theme
- Work collaboratively with a web designer and software engineers on the MoveOn tech team, following this team’s review, testing, and release processes
Total capacity: candidate should have enough development capacity to be able to get code-complete by March 5th, be available to participate in and respond to careful testing and bug reconciliation from March 5-16th, and be available for urgent requests the week of March 19th, to support a goal of launching the new brand the week of March 19th. Candidate should be able to be online and working from 11am – 4pm US EST from contract start – March 23th to overlap with MoveOn tech team, otherwise work can be completed at any time of day.
As a pillar of the current Resistance movement, MoveOn is mobilizing opposition to Trump and the GOP’s toxic agenda, including helping to lead efforts to defend health care, to stop any new U.S. wars, fighting for a Clean Dream Act, and opposing tax cuts for big corporations and the rich. We are determined to make the 2018 elections a turning point, helping Democrats win the House to create a roadblock to Trump & Republicans’ ability to advance their toxic agenda, while electing new progressive champions who can help lead our country to a better future in races down ballot across the country. In preparing for the opportunities and challenges ahead of us in 2018, MoveOn is investing deeply in building and scaling our technology stack.
MoveOn will consider proposals with budgets up to $15k.
Background: Name, title and contact information of primary contact. A brief description of prior completed WordPress theming projects.
Approach: Describe your strategies for embedding with a software team, reliably driving tasks to completion, working with Git and GitHub, working with Agile software management strategies, and working in an all-remote, Slack-centric working environment.
Experience: Proposals should include description of relevant experience, including WordPress and theming best practices.
Schedule and Timeline: Please outline a high level timeline for your availability, describe how many total hours it would take to complete the project, and break down your availability into hours / week, from project start through launch.
Cost: Include an estimate for hourly rate and total available hours in your proposal.
Submission: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “WordPress Theming” in the subject line
Apply for this job