What is Parse.ly?
Parse.ly is a real-time content measurement layer for the entire web.
Our analytics platform helps digital storytellers at some of the web’s best sites, such as Arstechnica, The Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker, TechCrunch, The Intercept, and many more.
We are now expanding our reach into the area of petabyte-scale data analysis in order to deliver insights to our customers about how news and information flows online.
What is the frontend team?
What you’ll do:
- Come up with novel interface designs and data visualizations.
- Write code in Python that powers our Django-based HTTP API.
- Analyze data at massive scale.
- Brainstorm new product ideas and directions with team and customers.
- Analyze customer usage data to improve shipped features.
You should have these qualities:
- 4+ years experience in technology.
- A preference for self-sufficient productivity.
- An ability to work well with others.
- A highly organized and disciplined approach to self-improvement.
- Deep experience with HTML and cross-browser development.
- Respect for the awesome power of CSS.
- Interest in responsive design and how to deliver unified user experiences across multiple environments, e.g. desktop web, mobile web, native mobile, browser plugins.
- Passion for your past personal portfolio of user interfaces and/or experiences, in whose delivery you played a major part.
It’s a major bonus if you have any of these things:
- Real Python/Django programming experience.
- A portfolio of real D3.js visualizations.
- Opinions about webapp design with Angular, React, Vue, or similar.
- Some open source code and/or contributions.
- Some experience with Xcode, iOS apps, Objective-C, and/or Swift.
- Some experience with Android Studio, Android apps, Java, and/or Kotlin.
It would be amazing if you had all of the things above, but that would be a tall order. If you have one or two of them, though, you should definitely mention them in your cover letter!
Parse.ly is a fully distributed team, with engineers working from across the world. People with past experience working remotely will be prioritized. US/Eastern or GMT-adjacent timezones will be prioritized.
Apply for this job